The shapes came together quite quickly resulting in a rather floppy sack shape!
I found some Amy Butler fabric and made a double thickness lining to add a bit of structure.
I sewed the handles inbetween the linings and then hand stitched it to the top of the crocheted bag...
I did consider putting some cardboard in the base but decided against it as I didn't want it to be too rigid. As a first attempt it's not too bad, but I already have plans for prototype number 2!
I want to use some of this yummy yarn (Rowan Fine Tweed) to make a similar bag but with a different motif and a slightly more rounded shape.
Finally, in honour of the sunshine that has finally made an appearance, here is a gratuitous shot of Mabel in her Summer attire!