Monday, 13 April 2015

Mimi Blouse



Well, I feel I've got my money's worth from Love at First Stitch as I've now made my third item from it. This time it was the Mimi blouse. I used a drapey lightweight fabric which was a pain to sew and even worse to press (as is horribly clear in these photos!) but the pattern itself is well drafted and, as with the other two patterns I've sewn, clearly explained. I did get confused at one point when attaching the collar but realised later that this was due to my own impatience! If I make this one again, I would go down a size - the shoulders are a bit wide and there's a bit too much roominess in it, but I'm calling this a wearable toile!





Next up is my biggest sewing challenge of late - a simple t shirt (I've never sewn with jersey before) and a pair of trousers! 

I've also finally finished hand painting the commissioned Lino print - I finished the print ages ago but the paper I used wasn't thick enough not to buckle when over painted. If the paper is too thick it's hard to get a good print so I had to try several weights before finding the perfect balance. I've done three versions with slightly different tints in each. One of the things I love about linoprinting is the 
freedom to explore different colour ways - if it doesn't work you can just print another!


3 comments: