Friday 31 October 2014

Lino printing

My studio is a tip. I keep finding images of beautiful workspaces on Pinterest and vow to keep my little space tidy but it just isn't happening! However, I had to ignore the mess today and just get on with doing a test print of a Lino I finished cutting ages ago. This is a commission to make a print of someone's house and it's larger than the linoprints I normally do.




I used to moan about not having enough space to print - now I have the space, but seem to have filled it with just as much clutter as everywhere else in the house. Still, I managed to do a rough print just to see if I needed to cut away any more of the block. Overall I'm quite pleased with the outcome - just a bit of fiddling with it before I do the proper print.

I also need to get cracking with paintings and crocheted bunting for the Christmas Craft Fair which is coming up in a few short weeks (why does this always take me by surprise?) but that hasn't stopped me from casting on a couple of knitting projects! The first is a pair of socks in some beautiful stripy yarn which was a birthday present. It was the perfect project for the flight to and from Rome. Secondly, I'm mixing a lace weight yarn with some kidsilk haze to make a soft and fluffy scarf/ stole thing. 




Rome was wonderful - we had glorious weather, delicious food, fun with friends and cuddles with gorgeous babies! I also got to see the Sistine Chapel for the first time - it was breathtaking. 
Now it's back to reality and time to tidy up!




1 comment: