I completed my year of not buying new clothes successfully and have reacquainted myself with a love of sewing. Whilst I will allow myself the odd shop bought treat, I am inclined to make/adapt more of my own things during 2014. I was therefore very excited by the purchase of an overlocker whilst it was on special offer at Lidl's recently. Technically a birthday present, I was allowed to open it after Christmas (how could I wait until August?!) and spent a very jolly hour learning to thread it. Not as complicated a process as I first feared, but boy am I glad they included a tweezers!
I don't make New Year resolutions but I do like to think about new things to look forward to. So, this year I am looking forward to -
1. Meeting two special little girls due to make their appearance in the world in April, and making them lots of teeny tiny clothes, and a crocheted blanket or two!
2. Actually putting something to sell on Etsy after having thought about it for over a year!
3. Getting to grips with my new overlocker and making more of my own clothes.
4. Experimenting in my studio, particularly with scraper board and Lino printing.
5. Knitting a cardigan for my dearest friend who celebrates a special birthday in May. Buoyed by my success in knitting something last year that actually fits me, I am now ready to face this challenge! I also plan to make the buttons myself too.
I am also looking forward to this constant rain actually finishing and having a house that doesn't permanently smell of damp dog!