Sunday, 15 September 2013

Slow progress...

This bag is taking much longer than I anticipated. The motifs took a while, and then sewing in all the ends took a while longer! I decided to make two rectangular sides with 20 motifs each. Because I want this to form a dense, almost felted fabric, I had used a much smaller hook than I would normally use with this yarn and this resulted in the motifs being very curled. I forced them into submission with the steam iron and then soaked and pinned them once I'd sewed them together.





I've decided to make stripy sides and a plain grey base and then I need to make a lining and decide on the handles. This 'quick' project is turning into a rather drawn out affair!


2 comments: