Wednesday 16 January 2013

When in doubt, doodle!

My plans to do more embroidery were halted when I sat in front of my fabric and threads and had a complete mental block! So I did what I always do when I'm thinking about things, which is doodle. I'm not even aware I'm doing it half the time but when I'd finished this particular doodle I thought it might have some potential as an embroidery so I gave it a lick of paint to see how it would look in colour. With a bit of simplification I think it might work.



It's not a great photo as the light was so poor. It's freezing today so to cheer up my little studio I hung some crocheted bunting in the window.


My blanket still isn't finished! I'm starting to hate it (or at least the making of it!) particularly as I've told myself I can't start anymore yarny projects until it's done. Each row takes me an evening and then  I have to sew in the 120 ends before I start the next row! At least I can console myself with the lovely colours waiting in my basket to be used.





No comments:

Post a Comment