I made a small start yesterday by taking this plain but well worn cardi and adding a little embellishment.
Ages ago I bought some crochet cotton and a teeny weeny hook but couldn't then decide what to do with it.
I decided to add a little crocheted hem to the cardigan. I started by doing blanket stitch along the bottom and then did two rows of double crochet followed by a simple scalloped edge. The stitches were tiny and took longer than expected and by the time I finished I had abandoned my plan of going up the button band and around the cuffs as well!
I'm now looking for some little green buttons to replace the existing ones. Very small changes indeed, but it's a start!